Cavendish partners feature highly in this week’s National Enterprise Network Conference and Awards 2015
24th November, 2015 No Comments
This year’s National Enterprise Network Conference, sponsored by NatWest and taking place at RBS’s conference centre takes place on Friday 27th November and looks set to feature insightful and thought provoking discussions around the theme of ‘Synergy and Success’. The conference celebrates encouraging enterprise support with strengthened partnerships, delivering locally.
The conference will kick off with an interactive debate between key sector contributors, discussing the outlook for the economy and the impact it has on small businesses. There will also be a closer look at the self-employed and identify the trends and predictions that could impact in the future.
Simon Devonshire will be around after the networking lunch to share his view on the importance of scaling-up, why it matters and how to do it. Simon is himself an entrepreneur, co-founder, investor, and business blogger and will lead a Q&A session after his presentation.
There will also be time to look at the programmes and partnerships that are making waves within the enterprise support sector. and an in depth look at ‘Enterprise impact – the growth of a start up business’ with an interview with Paul Ogglesby, founder of Riverlite. Paul has come from a one man start up business in 2008 to having a multi million pound turnover today.
The 2015 Conference will be rounded off with a celebration of achievements in enterprise support. The NEN Awards recognise ‘excellence in the delivery of enterprise support; encouraging the exchange of good practice and the development of improved services and organisations’, and the categories are designed to match to enterprise support activity – no matter what an agency’s size or specialism.
Cavendish Enterprise is delighted and very proud to see 3 of its partners short-listed for a few of the Awards and we wish them all the very best of luck for Friday.
THE 2015 NATIONAL ENTERPRISE NETWORK AWARDS SHORTLIST:
Local Enterprise Agency of the Year:
* Britain’s Energy Coast * Colbea * Enterprise First * Menta * Northumberland Business Services Ltd * Nwes * Rotherham Investment & Development Office * Stanta * Yorkshire Coast Enterprise
Future of Enterprise Support Award:
* Britain’s Energy Coast * Business West * Enterprise First * Rotherham Investment & Development Office * South Durham Enterprise Agency * Yorkshire Coast Enterprise
Client Engagement Award:
* CENTA Business Services * Nwes * WSX Enterprise
Enterprise Communicator of the Year:
* Economic Solutions * North East BIC * North Somerset Enterprise Agency * Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce
Enterprise Team of the Year:
* BEC * Business Sheffield * Business West * Staffs Chamber
Enterprise Coach/Mentor of the Year:
* Hammie Tappenden – Enterprise First * Joe Barrell – Nwes * Martyn Benson – Rotherham Investment & Development Office
Unsung Hero of the Year:
* Alyson Eyval – Business West * Emma Milroy – Ignite Business Enterprise * Jenn Crowther – Yorkshire Coast Enterprise * Martyn Cooper – Birmingham Chamber of Commerce
… and good luck to all the other nominees too!
We look forward to bringing you the Winners next week together with a roundup of the main issues discussed and raised at the Conference.
Click here for more Conference information.