Welcome > Business Support > Start & Grow
SO YOU’VE GOT A GREAT BUSINESS IDEA BUT NOT SURE WHAT TO DO NEXT?
The Start & Grow programme provides a range of premium pre and post start support to individuals looking to start a business. Clients must have aspiration and the capability to make the business a success. The programme is available to those looking to start a business which expects to employ people from its early stages and where start-up financing will be required to get the venture off the ground. The support provided is tailored to the individual needs of the owner and the business idea, and could include one to one support and advice, workshops and training, mentoring and help to access appropriate start up funding.
TYPICALLY CLIENTS WILL RECEIVE:
- One-to-one assessment with an experienced, independent business adviser who will review your business ideas and formulate the next steps
- An intensive personalised support programme, including guidance, advice and peer learning, leading to the development of a robust business plan
- Dedicated support in an application for external funding
- Ongoing support after business start-up
THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The main trading address or home address of one of the owners falls within an approved local authority area
- Business owner will be fully engaged in the business
- Business Owner expects to be trading three years after the business starts to trade
- Business will create at least one additional job
- Business is expected to benefit from investment, either personal equity or a loan/grant **
** PLEASE NOTE: The Start & Grow programme does not give grants or loans, but provides the support and help to source any appropriate funding that is available to the business from third parties.
The support and advice that can be accessed by Start & Grow clients has been valued at approximately £5,000. Additionally, the Start & Grow programme is working with business associates offering additional business services, partners such as JournoLink, LawyerFair, and CrowdfunderUK, to further support new and growing businesses in other areas of expertise.
There is a small joining and administration fee for entrance onto the Start & Grow programme of £100 (+VAT).
The programme is funded through the Regional Growth Funds, delivered by the partners in Cavendish Enterprise (the trading name of Cavendish Consortium Ltd), within the local authority areas across England identified as those areas requiring additional investment in economic growth.
Start & Grow is designed to accelerate business growth ambitions and lead to increased turnover, profitability, job creation, and business expansion.
Read the Start & Grow Annual Report [embeddoc url=”https://cavendishenterprise.co.uk.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Annual-Report-2015-16-Online.pdf”]
Ready to take the next step?
Get in touch
The Regional Growth Fund (RGF) has supported eligible projects and programmes raising private sector investment to create economic growth and lasting employment. It has invested £2.85bn to help businesses in England to grow, and is expected to create or safeguard over 580,000 jobs.